COR recognizes that the future success of our organization and our region depend on the ever-growing diversity of our constituencies and the intentional inclusiveness of our operations.
How will we do this?
-DEI training for COR’s board of directors
- Educational programming for membership focused on DEI
- Ensure all programming includes a diverse slate of hosts, speakers and participants
- Greater focus on inclusiveness in ongoing communications strategies
-Encourage corporate partners to look through a DEI lens when selecting staff members for COR program participation
- Monitor COR’s membership makeup through consistent surveying and feedback
- Discounted memberships for prospective members with disadvantaged backgrounds
The Diversity and Inclusion Action Team engages with all other action teams and reviews all COR programming to ensure that intentional and strategic efforts are made to engage existing members, prospective members, sponsors and other partners that represent a diverse range of backgrounds, ethnicity, industry and location. It is imperative that COR’s membership and our programming represent the region in which we operate; this action team will ensure the board keeps this a top priority for the organization.