Are you a college student or recent graduate who is interested in learning about the various industries of Columbia through exploration, service, and networking? Capture Columbia is for you! Capture Columbia is a program designed for college students, summer associates at companies, and recent graduates in the Columbia area to take a deep dive into the community while building personal and professional relationships that may help land jobs and build careers. Best of all – Capture Columbia is completely FREE.
Presented by Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) and the Midlands Business Leadership Group, Capture Columbia participants have an opportunity to:
- engage with leaders of Columbia’s business community
- learn about everything the Columbia region has to offer; and,
- network with interns and associates from companies across the area.
Capture Columbia is a free program that is open to all college students and recent graduates in the Columbia area. Interns and apprenticeships at local businesses are welcome! The program encourages participants to take a deep dive into the community while building personal and professional relationships that will help them land jobs and build careers. Presented by Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) and the Midlands Business Leadership Group, Capture Columbia includes networking opportunities, speakers, professional development and special experiences throughout their summer in Columbia.
The program is free thanks to COR’s strategic partner Experience Columbia SC and annual partners Nephron Pharmaceuticals, First Citizens Bank, BlueCross Blue Shield SC, Aflac, First Community Bank, Khan Development Group, Rhodes Graduation Services Inc, Chernoff Newman, Colliers, Adams and Reese, and The Night Foundation.
Any college student or recent graduate in the greater Columbia metropolitan area can register for Capture Columbia for any event. Employers may also nominate applicants to participate through the registration form.
From June 21– July 19, Capture Columbia will convene on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 PM–8:00 PM for networking, professional development and insider experiences at different locally loved locations across the greater Columbia region. The free program provides opportunities to meet community leaders and power players, from government leaders to C-suite executives of companies with strong internship and entry-level job programs.
- Main Street Mingle Kickoff, June 21 – Starting on Boyd Plaza, participants will engage in a walking tour of the Main Street District, meeting business owners and exploring historic sites of one of Columbia’s highest growth areas.
- Behind-the-Scenes (BTS) with BullStreet and the Columbia Fireflies, June 28 – Kickoff at Segra Park with city leaders for an exclusive update on burgeoning developments within the BullStreet District. Refreshments will be provided along with behind-the-scenes access to the Columbia Fireflies, followed by a Fireflies game.
- WeCo Walkabout, July 12 – Meet the people behind the restoration, upkeep and development progress happening across the region’s three rivers. Learn how to access our rivers as we walk through the growing river district and West Columbia.
- Capture Columbia Celebration, July 19 – Celebrate the completion of the Capture Columbia program with influential leaders from across the region at the Boyd Foundation Innovation Center.
Events will take place in unique locations throughout the Columbia, SC downtown and surrounding areas.
Check out scenes from Capture Columbia on our Instagram @capturecolumbia
Are you a business or HR leader looking to attend events? Have questions about how your interns can participate? Contact the Capture Columbia team for more info on how your company can get involved at [email protected]
Powered by Columbia Opportunity Resource and presented by the Midlands Business Leadership Group.