A 'Hospital to Home'
Summary of Job Requirements
The Lead Software Developer is responsible for the development, enhancement and timely delivery of business applications, software systems and information technology management tools for all LifeH2H divisions. Working with internal and external customers, IT colleagues and project stakeholders, The Lead Developer will oversee the full lifecycle of the development process including development architecture, design, coding, testing, implementation and documentation.
- Lead a growing team of developers, including potential outsourced development teams, to create new functionality and tools to deliver best in class software solutions for customers and partners.
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems and applications to form a basis for the solution of information processing opportunities.
- Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance and usability.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Write, edit, and debug new computer programs for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Lead, support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Provide feedback to implementation staff on performance considerations and usability issues related to software specifications and implementation.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
The list above is not intended to represent the totality of responsibilities of The Lead Software Developer. Other duties may be assigned as needed for corporate expansion and efficient operation of the organization.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to identify opportunities, produce code and present solutions in a timely/fast-past manner.
- Professional presentation skills and confidence when speaking to members of leadership and associated business partners.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills to analyze issues and identify potential liabilities.
- Strong leadership skills to promote personal and professional development and teamwork.
Education and Experience
- 6+ years of experience in software development using Microsoft stack (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, etc.) with previous team lead experience.
- Proven Microsoft SharePoint development and support experience
- Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies, and tools
- Competent understanding of Object Oriented software design
- Experience with HL7, ADT and EMR/EHR systems and interfacing a plus
- Demonstrated degree of originality and innovation in product design
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to project stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related field)